There are a lot of reasons why your knee might be hurting a big culprit can be inflammation or swelling due to strain, overuse or an underlying condition.
One of the best ways to you can get relief is to wear a knee sleeve.
RiptGear Knee Sleeve is highly rated with thousands of happy customers and is available on Amazon.
Recommended Knee Sleeve for Pain Relief
Common Reasons for Knee Pain
1. Arthritis: This is a general term that covers a number of different conditions that affect the joints, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and gout. Arthritis can cause pain, stiffness, inflammation, and swelling in the knees.
2. Bursitis: This condition is caused by the inflammation of the small fluid-filled sacs (bursae) that act as cushions between bones and tendons near joints. Bursitis often affects the knees, hips, and shoulders.
3. Tendonitis: This is the inflammation of a tendon, a thick rope-like structure that attaches muscle to bone. Tendonitis can occur in any tendon, but is most common in the tendons of the shoulder, elbow, and knee.
4. Meniscus tear: The meniscus is a crescent-shaped piece of cartilage that acts as a shock absorber between the bones of the knee joint. A meniscus tear can be caused by a sudden twisting motion or by gradual wear and tear.
5. ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injury: The ACL is a strong band of tissue that connects the thighbone to the shinbone and helps stabilize the knee joint. An ACL injury is usually caused by a sudden twisting motion of the knee, which can stretch or tear the ligament.
6. Patellofemoral pain syndrome (runner’s knee): This condition is caused by the repetitive stress of running or other activities that put pressure on the patella (kneecap). The condition can also be caused by misalignment of the kneecap or by weakness in the muscles around the knee.
7. Iliotibial band syndrome: This condition is caused by the inflammation of the iliotibial band, a strip of tissue that runs from the hip to the shinbone on the outside of the leg. It is common in runners and cyclists.
8. Chondromalacia patellae: This condition is caused by the softening and breakdown of cartilage under the kneecap. It is often the result of overuse or misalignment of the kneecap.
9. Osgood-Schlatter disease: This condition is caused by stress on the growth plate (the area of cartilage at the end of a bone where new bone growth occurs) at the knee joint. It is most common in adolescents who are active in sports.
10. Knee osteoarthritis: This is a degenerative form of arthritis that can be caused by aging, injury, or repetitive stress on the knee joint. Osteoarthritis can lead to pain, stiffness, and swelling in the knees.