-Tim Warner, Sports & Fitness, Director of Testing
Top 3 out of 15 Brands We Tested
(Highest-Quality and Best Organization)
||Best Yoga Gym Bag
(Best for Holding Yoga Gear)
||Best Backpack Gym Bag
(Great for Biking to the Gym)
Strong and Durable Gym Bag
Most people who frequent the gym like to take fresh clothes with them for changing and sweaty clothes home without creating a stinky pit in their gym bag. A great gym bag will easily carry everything you need while providing you with plenty of pockets and space to keep everything where it belongs. Need to keep your work shoes separate from your dirty workout clothes? How about a special place for a water bottle and a snack? The best gym bag will provide all of that along with high-quality fabrics and hardware that won’t break down on you.
Best Athletic Gym Bag
You probably ask a lot from your gym bag. You’d like it to be lightweight, but also to hold all of your gear. When shopping, you look for one that’s stylish, but also water-resistant and weatherproof. In addition to all of this, it needs to be totally functional and be able to support your workout without breaking, tearing or otherwise malfunctioning. A gym bag needs to be your personal assistant at the gym and needs to perfectly fit your needs.
When shopping for the best gym bag, be sure to look for one that fully accommodates you and your gear. Be sure it is made with top-quality materials and zippers, and that it provides enough space and compartments to adequately store all you’ll need before, during, and after your workout.
Types of Gym Bags
- Duffel Bag
- Athletic Gear Bag
- CrossFit Bag
- Drawstring Gym Bag
- Gym Bags for Women
- Gym Bags for Men
Gym Bag Reviews
Choosing the best gym bag for your workouts takes some thought and consideration. Of course, you need something that can carry all your essentials, but you also need a bag that is secure and practical. If you’re currently using a bag that doesn’t offer the features you need, then you know how important this decision can be.
Before making a final decision, be sure to consider storage capabilities, durability, if it’s waterproof and comfortable to carry. Just because a gym bag is perfect for someone else doesn’t mean that it’s the right bag for you.
What to Look for in a Gym Bag
- High-Quality Fabrics – 1000D Nylon has a high abrasion resistance and will hold up to anything a typical user throws at it. In fact, zippers will fail before 1000D nylon, so be sure to take note of zipper quality too.
- High-Quality Zippers – Cheap zippers can ruin a workout. Don’t buy a bag with cheap zippers if you want it to last. Broken and stuck zippers are not fun. Neither is fighting with your gym bag before a workout.
- Water-Resistant Fabric – You might get stuck in the rain on your way into the gym or need to put wet towels and clothes inside your bag.
- Multiple Compartments – Don’t get stuck with your dirty shoes rubbing off on your clean clothes.
- Adjustable Straps – Adjustable straps and multiple grab handles can help you get where you need to go easily and comfortably.
- Stylish Design – Don’t underestimate a stylish bag. Having a bag that fits your needs and makes you happy can help you stick to your workout plan!
Gym Bag Review Conclusion
If you are often at the gym, or play a sport, or even if you made a New Year’s Resolution to start going, then owning a great gym bag is a good idea. When you have a bag dedicated just to the gym, you can establish a good routine that helps your workout preparation go smoothly, and your workouts be more efficient. Your after-exercise transport, your laundering and even your storage of gear become easier and more hygienic with a well-made gym bag.
The best gym bags will have a variety of compartments that you can personalize to create your own organizational system – one compartment for dirty clothes, one for shoes, one for gear, etc. An outside mesh compartment is a must, too, for items that need to breath or be seen and grabbed easily.
With a bit of research, you’re sure to find a great bag that’s durable and fits your personality and workout needs.