-Tim Warner, Sports & Fitness, Director of Testing
Top 3 out of 15 Brands We Tested
(High Quality for an Affordable Price)
||Best Shoe Horn for Kids
(Iridescent Rainbow Shoe Horns)
||Best Hands Free Shoe Horn
(Adaptive Dressing Aid)
Shoe Horn Buying Guide
If you struggle putting on your shoes due to back problems or you hate the fact that the back of your shoe always gets ruin, especially the expensive ones then you need to get yourself a long shoe horn. They help when you want to put on your shoe and you do not want to bend because of complications you may have. This buying guide will help you when you are going to purchase a long horn shoe.
Types of Shoe Horns
There are three basic types of shoe horns, the metal ones, plastics ones and the ones made from wood.
- Plastic – They are the least used because of their durability and the risk of wear and tear but they are the most affordable out of the three types.
- Metal – Metal shoe horns are the most sturdy, they can be used for a long time without them wearing off but they are the most likely to rust.
- Wooden – They are luxurious shoe horns most especially because of the type of wood used and the craftsmanship put in to make them.
Best Shoe Horn
Things to know before buying a shoe shorn.
When purchasing a shoe horn you should have in mind the durability of the tool. You want one that will serve you the longest without breaking or wearing off. A durable one will be determined by the material it is made from. The metal ones will serve you better when you are looking for a strong and durable long horn shoe.
The material is just like the types of shoe horn. The most commonly used shoe horns are made from plastic, wood or metal. Every one of the mentioned material has its advantages where it’s affordability or the durability or the design.
Here are 5 helpful questions to ask yourself when choosing a shoe horn:
- Length – Long length shoe horns are not just ordinary ones; these are long shoe horns, meaning that their length matter. Some of these horns stretch to 31 inches. When purchasing a shoe horn you need to look at your height first. For an average-sized person the length of your shoe horn should be approximately 24 inches and if you are really tall, then your shoe horn should stretch to a height of 31 inches.
- Cost – Another aspect you should consider is the cost of the shoe horn. You should not overspend simply because of a shoe horn. There are several long shoe horns that are affordable and are also durable. For example, the Shakke Shoe horn is affordable. With the right budget, you can get a good long shoe horn.
- Flexibility- You need a shoe horn that can curve for you to wear your shoe with ease. Therefore a flexible shoe horn is what you need. This assures you comfort.
- Ease of Use – Nobody wants something that will trouble you when using it. Before buying it first test it out to see if you can use it easily.
- Ergonomics – People who have trouble with their backs will attest that having a good long shoe horn has reduced strain on the back or on the knees.
What to consider when buying a shoe horn.
Read reviews, people tend to ignore this part. You should read reviews read by previous buyers to see their take on that particular product you are about to purchase. A person’s review will help you make your final decision, whether to buy it or not. Also, knowing customer service from the seller is important to consider as some products can be exchanged if they begin to wear out.
Ratings, similar to the reviews but given in numerical form or stars, the higher the number the better the quality of the said product. People will be sincere about their experience of a product. They are buyers just like you, so take into account their reviews and ratings on a product.
Overlooked shoe horn considerations.
1. Before buying the long shoe horn, you should make sure it is in stock and available first. This means find out if it ships to where you are or whether it is in stock. People do not look at this area and you may end up buying an item that is out of stock or does not ship to where you are. Unfortunately, some sites do not offer you a refund after you have purchased from them.
2. Is it collapsible? If this is important, then find a shoe horn that can be extended to reach the desired length and that can be reduced to a small size for portability.
3. Weight should be looked at and considered. You do not want to carry a heavy shoe horn in your pocket or in your bag. Hence it should be both light and collapsible to fit in your carrying bag or backpack.
4. Ease of storage. Find a shoe horn that will not be difficult to store because of its size and the fact that it will not be collapsible. Also, storage goes in hand with the maintenance, for metal shoe horns you need extra care because it can rust easily. Some metal shoe horns can be wiped with an antibacterial substance which will prevent it from rusting.
Shoe Horn Review Conclusion
For you to make the best choice, you should look at the top-selling styles of shoe horn on the market. Most sellers have a category for best sellers. Have a look at them, look at their features; do they match what you are looking for? You will be able to make your decision from there.
There are many styles of shoe horns in the market you have to do more research and find one that has what you want. It is a necessity for those with back problems thus the need to get one that is comfortable. Get what will serve you for a long period and it should be with those essential characteristics that are a must have. Also, your budget is a concern remembers expensive doesn’t mean comfort. Among the three types, you can try each of them from a physical store and feel what is good for you. This needs trial as you may think that what other people have recommended is better yet they will not serve you expect.