- Highest Quality Materials
- Highly Breathable Elastic
- Adjustable Compression and Stability
- Sciatica Nerve Pain SI Joint Pain Relief
- Great For Women and Men
-Tim Warner, Sports & Fitness, Director of Testing
Top 3 out of 15 Brands We Tested
(High Quality for an Affordable Price)
||Best Lumbar Support
(Back Brace Lumbar Support)
||Best Charcoal Postpartum Belly Band
(Post Pregnancy Belly Wrap)
What is a Sacroiliac Belt?
A sacroiliac joint belt is a belt that assists in relieving pain which is most often caused by inflammation. It does this by reducing any movement around the sacroiliac joint. It is usually around the lower pelvic or hip region. When searching to purchase a sacroiliac belt it is important to know the features to look for in an ideal sacroiliac belt and here are tips to look for the best sacroiliac joint belt.
Sacroiliac Belt Considerations
When purchasing an SI belt price is a major factor that usually first comes in mind. As there is no need for buying one that is beyond your finances. However one has to choose a good quality one and in most cases, the ones which are a bit pricey are the ones which are of good quality hence you have to be careful not to sacrifice the quality of the belt all for a cheaper one.
- Price – When purchasing an SI belt this is the factor that usually first comes in mind. As there is no need for buying one that is beyond your finances. However one has to choose a good quality one and in most cases, the ones which are a bit pricey are the ones which are of good quality hence you have to be careful not to sacrifice the quality of the belt all for a cheaper one.
- Size – When buying sacroiliac belt one has to double-check their own measurements around that area. This is usually quite simple as you can measure it before you purchase the si belt of choice. The good thing about some types of SI belts is that they can come in different sizes to accommodate fluctuating sizes of people that need them and support a diverse clientele.
- Fabric Used – This is such an important not to look over as it does dictate whether SI belt will last for a long time or it will get spoilt very quickly. The fabric used also dictates whether the SI belt offers comfort or not. One has to be careful especially during hot conditions when one is all sweaty. The fabric used has to be breathable and can accommodate the sweat without it being sticky hence uncomfortable. Luckily there are many of them which are both breathable and moisture-wicking. This is also important as some people have sensitive skin and can be allergic to some type of fabric hence they need a hypoallergenic fabric.
Best Sacroiliac Belt
Things to know before buying a Sacroiliac Joint Belt.
The SI belt has to offer strength in the sense that it offers stability in the regions that are experiencing this pain as the primary work of an SI belt is to alleviate pain and by offering strength in the legs, back and spine one can accomplish this. Stability is very important especially during movement as you don’t want one that keeps on moving.
What you need is a sacroiliac belt that allows room for vigorous activity without it sliding up or down. The SI belt has to offer extra grip on the area as this always translates in the sacroiliac belt staying in place.
Here are 5 helpful questions to ask yourself when choosing a sacroiliac belt:
- Convenience – When considering buying an SI belt you have to consider the possibility of it being worn underneath your clothing. This is then checked whether it blends well enough that any other person would not be able to know whether or not you are wearing it. Thus the belt has to fit you snugly.
- Versatility – It’s better to buy a sacroiliac belt that can be used not only for one reason but also for many other purposes especially for women. Some women usually use SI belts during pregnancy to offer support as the muscles around this area tend to be weakened hence it is important to pick an SI belt that has many purposes.
- Comfort – When buying a sacroiliac belt it is usually said that to get maximum results from it you need to wear it consistently and in order for you to do this you require a belt that is comfortable enough for you to wear all day without experiencing any discomfort whatsoever. Hence a comfortable SI belt is the best one.
- Slip Resistance – This is quite an important feature to look for in a sacroiliac belt as a belt that slips often is quite uncomfortable and usually does not serve its purpose.
- Adjustability – The sacroiliac belt that you are considering to buy has to allow the user to make some few adjustments to their heart’s desires. This is because everyone has different levels in which they would like their SI belt to compress them. There are some sacroiliac belts which have dual adjustment options and this is even better.
Sacroiliac Belt for Sciatica Nerve Pain
When picking an SI belt it is important to pick one that blends with any piece of clothing regardless of their color. Also, it is also advisable to pick one that suits your preferences.
Key features in a Sacroiliac Belt.
1. It has a breathable fabric. A high quality belt is both lightweight and has breathable fabric.
2. It can be worn either underneath or over your clothing.
3. It does not have uncomfortable buckles or fastening closures.
4. The last feature to look for is contingent on your needs, specifically if you are pregnant. Be sure it can be worn during pregnancy, most can.
Precautions of using a sacroiliac joint belt.
It is imperative to consider that a sacroiliac belt serves as an artificial locking technique through compression of the surfaces of the joints. Hence, we have listed the following precautions:
- When wearing one it is better to pick the one whose design allows for good distribution of pressure, unlike one which only concentrates its pressure in one area which may be too uncomfortable. The ideal SI belt allows for even distribution of pressure through a tapered design.
- The type of closure is quite crucial in allowing for comfort and prevents occurrences of slipping thus a belt that has a hook and loop closure is great as it usually adjusts of sliding up or down. It is important to check for one that has non-slip pads.
- Some SI belts come with different accessories that make them ideal for you. Some have cushion pads which usually relief pain in a massaging way, some have anti-slip buckles which as the name suggests prevents slipping.
Sacroiliac Belt Review Conclusion
The sacroiliac belt has to be long-lasting as there is no point in buying one that can’t last for last long and the key to knowing that the SI belt is durable is by checking the material used to make it through your recovery process. The best sacroiliac joint belt reviewed offers high-quality materials, an excellent closure system, and a highly breathable support system.
There are so many sacroiliac belts on the market to choose from, our reviews tested several products varying from newly released to belts that have been marketed for a long period of time. The best sacroiliac belt features provides compression, stability, and pelvic relief to alleviate hip pain. Know what your needs are and choose the best sacroiliac joint belt for you based on the aforementioned criteria.